RoboSHOOTplus version 2.1 Released!
We are pleased announce version 2.1 of RoboSHOOTplus. It is available NOW for MX-20 and MX-15 upgrades! This version adds Studio Strobe and additional flash support, High performance with CH/CL manual mode, In-Camera Control improvements, and more. Also, by virtue of expanded Nikon speedlight compatibility, this release enables Nikon support even on the lower cost ‘X-15 units. As a result, the MX-20 and MX-15 make great companions, since, with that combination you can upgrade both over-the-air!
The most important new features include:
- Studio Strobe Support with AutoFP/HSS
- Profoto AirTTL-N – AutoFP/HSS with both TTL and Manual control depending on head unit.
- Godox X1N – AutoFP/HSS with both TTL and Manual control.
- Flashpoint R2N – AutoFP/HSS with both TTL and Manual control
- Phottix Odin II – AutoFP/HSS with Manual control
- Quantum CoPilot – TTL and Manual
- Studio Strobes controllers are supported on the MX unit (On-Camera) only.
- The Strobe Controller defaults to group D (configurable). Power can be adjusted on the controller or to adjust power in-camera it can be set to Group A, B, or C.
- When using Manual Control setting power in the Strobe Controller is recommended for best results and highest FPS performance.
- Strobe Controller Groups can be used to adjust multiple strobes at the camera, independently.
- Supports In-Camera Flash Exposure Compensation and other functions.
- RX units may be used for speedlights in combination with Studio Strobes.
- Please be sure to use the latest firmware for your strobes and controllers.
- Expanded Speedlight Support
- Nikon SB-800, SB-5000
- Godox V860ii-N, AD360ii-N
- See compatibility tables for more – many additional speedlights will function beyond what is listed in these tables.
- Nikon Support on all unit types.
- ‘X-15 units manufactured after March 2016 supported (and some earlier).
- High Performance CH/CL in excess of 8FPS
- Higher performance requires Manual Exposure to suppress preflashes
- Results depend on flash power / recycle times, flash may weaken or not fire if insufficient charge to keep up.
- In-Camera Control Improvements
- Improved Manual Power Control
- Improved Shutter Mash support
- Improved EF-X500 detection
- On-Camera flash manual power setting issue fixed
- RX Group indication even with flash not present
Like all updates version 2.1 is available at no cost for self-installation. We also offer an upgrade service for an upgrade service fee of $20 plus shipping.
To get the upgrade follow the usual Upgrade Procedure. If upgrading from 1.x (RoboSHOOT, not RoboSHOOTplus) first obtain the new App.