Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release a free firmware upgrade for FUJIFILM X-T2 on November 8, 2016. The updated firmware introduces tethered shooting function which allows users to connect the camera to a computer via a USB cable, allowing you to capture and save your images directly onto computer, and allowing you to control the camera from the computer.
[Firmware release date]
November 8, 2016
FUJIFILM X-T2: Ver.1.10
[Improvements with this firmware update]
- Tether shooting is available via USB connection. You will require additional software stated below to use the tether shooting function.
– Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
– Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
– Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or later
- *Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
X-T1 firmware ver.5.00 will also come out and add compatibility for the EF-X500