FUJIFILM Corporation expresses its sincere sympathies and condolences to the people affected by the earthquake centered in the Kumamoto region in Japan. We also appreciate all the concern for our facilities and employees in this area.
FUJIFILM Kyusyu Co., Ltd., Kikuyo-cho, Kumamoto, Japan established an emergency task force right after the earthquake and has been working on collecting and assessing information, while also considering necessary actions and recovery measures. We would like to inform the current situation of FUJIFILM Kyusyu.
- They stopped the operations immediately after the earthquake. They have been checking and assessing the facilities for the resumption of operations
- No serious damage found in the facilities
- It is not decided when they resume all the operations, they however will start the first trial running this weekend
- They have confirmed the safety of all employees in the factory
- They also have been investigating the stock of the warehouse. The shipment of investigated products has resumed since yesterday
The infrastructures such as electricity have been recovered this week. However, the aftershocks are still continuing. They will do their best to resume the operations, and all FUJIFILM group will support them. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.