Mirror Lessons has generated some of the best reviews on the web in recent months and their latests Fujifilm X-T2 review is no different. The video is a little long so ill summarize their findings below, but it’s definitely worth a watch.
- Autofocus is second to none for a mirrorless camera and only the Sony a6300/a6500 come close, but face and eye detection aren’t perfect yet.
- Image quality is great with excellent dynamic range and high ISO, but there is a purple flare issue to be aware of, which can be seen via the EVF so you can avoid it by shifting your framing by a millimeter.
- 4k video is great especially if you want great color right out of the camera with the film simulation modes, but F-Log in camera would be nice. The recording limit without battery grip is also disappointing.
- The design makes the X-T2 one of the most strait forward cameras available today, the EVF is great, but the grip isn’t perfect.
- Battery life is good for mirrorless, but not DSLR level.
- The Fujifilm X-T2 is one of the best mirrorless cameras available today.