Fujifilm Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release firmware update Ver. 2.0. for the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 rangefinder-style mirrorless digital camera in October 2016. With the firmware update, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and the new FUJIFILM X-T2 will stand side-by-side as “double flagship” X Series cameras.
Detail of the update includes
- 1. The new autofocus algorithm* that is implemented on the new FUJIFILM X-T2 to produce faster and more accurate autofocus will also be implemented on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2.
- * Excludes the new AF-C Custom Settings functions.
- 2. Compatibility with the new hot-shoe mount flash EF-X500. The camera will now be enabled with high-speed flash sync and multi-flash lighting.
- 3. AUTO POWER OFF will now have 15 sec, 30 sec, and 1 min. options, allowing more customizable power management.
- 4. The parallax correction function will be improved to provide a more accurate and easier-to-use Optical Viewfinder.
- * The detail of the firmware is subject to change.
Planned release date: October, 2016